From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Life and Death in Palestine - A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Ben Ehrenreich
Ben Ehrenreich is an award winning journalist and author of two novels Ether and The Suitors. His latest book The Way to the spring is based on his three years of reporting from the West Bank.
Recent Posts by Status Audio Journal
- Bassam Haddad and Brian Edwards Discuss Middle East Studies and Public Scholarship Apr 19 2017
- The Refugee Crisis in Greece- A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Georgia Arapidou Apr 18 2017
- Creative Insurgency in the Arab World - A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Marwan Kraidy Apr 12 2017
- Woman Healers - A STATUS/الوضع Interview with Rola Yasmine Apr 12 2017
About the Cities Page
The Cities Page is a Jadaliyya platform promoting critical understandings and investigations of urban life and space, beyond the dominant formal and physical narration on cities. The Cities Page publishes works from different fields that deepen our understanding of the social production of diverse urban geographies and the contestation around them. It aims to consolidate an interdisciplinary and integrated approach to reading and writing about space and cities, incorporating historical, social, cultural, political, legal, economic and technological dimensions. It welcomes contributions in various formats, languages, and on various urban geographies and histories.
Contact Cities Page Editors via Cities@Jadaliyya.com
Cities Websites & Blogs of Interest
Cities Twitterers to Follow
Urban Data and Publications
Submit to the Cities Page
The Cities Page Editors invite submissions that critically explore related topics, and are eager to feature debates within the field. Specifically, we welcome:
- Essays exploring the relationships between space, power and social justice, and spatial practices and the built environment, etc.
- Reviews of books, films, exhibits, blogs, and pundits
- Interviews with practitioners, activists, scholars, government officials, and others.
- Reports, press releases, statements, conference announcements, and other information.
- Photo essays
- Video clips
Submissions should conform with the general Jadaliyya submissions guidelines. The Cities Page accepts submissions in Arabic, English, French, and Turkish.
You can send your submission to Cities@Jadaliyya.com
"The enormous disparity in the “valuation” between Palestinian and Israeli people and prisoners of war needs to end."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arab Studies Journal Announces Spring 2017 Issue: Editor's Note and Table of Contents
- Egypt Media Roundup (April 24)
- The Origins of the Lebanese National Idea, 1840-1920
- Syria Media Roundup (April 24)
- Visualizing Campus Collective Action for Palestine Solidarity
- A Letter to Foucault: Selectively Narrating the Stories of Secular Iranian Feminists
- Palestine Media Roundup (April 23)
- Jerusalem: A City for All?
- مجلة حميد العقابي الافتراضية
- Foucault, the Iranian Revolution, and the Politics of Collective Action
- مختارات من قصص وشعر حميد العقابي
- Political Economy Project Book Prize Competition: Call For Books Published in 2016
- قصائد للشاعر امبرتو سابا، المجلد الثاني
- Foucault’s Folly: Iran, Political Spirituality, and Counter-Conduct
- مَن يطهِّر مَن عرقيًا؟: استيلاء إسرائيل على الرواية الفلسطينية
- Media on Media Roundup (April 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (April 19)
- Foucault: Against the Ideology of Enlightenment
- Bassam Haddad and Brian Edwards Discuss Middle East Studies and Public Scholarship